Saturday 12 October 2013

Blogspot #4: Mermaid Festival

When I was a kid, i want to go to a place whose countless of mermaids are, because not just I want to be with them but I want to be like them. Sorry, if I'm kinda obsess with those mermaids I just do love them. There Is some instance .I heard that there was some kind of festivals about mermaids and I hurriedly go home to research about it and Yes, I found it. I read some articles of it, i know how they formed or do it. what are the happenings in their. and I figured out that, there is also king and queen of mermaids to be announced at the last part of the program. and it Amazed me so much.


Mermaid Parade In Coney Island-Brooklyn, New York






An Article entitled: " 2013 Mermaid Parade to kick off on Coney Island, 6/22 " by BWW News Desk in broadwayworld.com "The Mermaid Parade is the largest art parade in the nation. "
About this article, I felt the feelings of  the people who participated  in there, the fun and the enjoyment that they feel.  in this article, the mermaid festival was important to the people in coney island because they expressed their selves in patronizing and fascinating the mermaids, and I found out that the mermaid parade is the largest festival in nation. There are 1,500 creative individuals who dressed up like a mermaid and act like one, this parade is founded in 1983. And this event has three goals: create self esteem, being artistic of new yorkers by self expression in public and lastly, brings mythology in life. do you imagined that, its not a typical event that just want to happen for no reason, but this shows how they valued the mermaids and other creatures under the ocean. 

 

An article entitled: " Mermaid Parade in Coney Island celebrates 30th anniversary with 1500 creatures" by Claire Oliver, Daniel Jupertz and Jess Wisloski in huffingpost.com "Welcome to America's most underdressed parade."
In this article, they told that this event is the most underdressed parade because, everyone is freely to dressed something others dressed exotic and other do nude to their body. In this parade, they indicate that the people are gathered along the street and walk along to show their different sea costumes. and this event is started at 1983.

 Oh, by the time pass by. I more likely knew what  the mermaids are and their culture. I get excited, when I think of this event. It makes me more think of the mermaids, and become one of them. I also, I think about how much amount will it cost me if, I decided to go to different parades that are connected to  mermaids. It gives a good feeling to the people who fascinates mermaids out there. So, what are you thinking about? Lets do make our dreams come true for once in a life time.


No comments:

Post a Comment